Tuesday, October 16, 2018

School Hacks 1 of 3

Do you remember Miss. Amanda's display from September?
It was filled with hacks for your school work.
Missed out or can't remember the hacks?
Check out part one below.
The student is in italics, while the School Hacks are left alone.

Note Taking:
  • Hey School Hacks! School starts tomorrow. Any tricks for better note taking?
  • You’re more likely to remember something that you wrote in blue ink than in black ink
  • Taking notes on the computer? Use a weird font. Studies have shown that the uniqueness will make you more likely to remember them.
  • Thanks for the tips! I’ll be putting them into action.

Homework:
  • Ugh. I’m having a hard time with my homework and it’s so overwhelming. Any tips to help?
  • Find a quiet place to work without distractions
  • Take short breaks in between homework tasks
  • Your library provides FREE access to Tutor.com to work with a live 1-on-1 tutor.
  • Thanks for the help! Better find my quite place and get down to work.

Concentration:
  • I’m having trouble concentrating on my work, any tips?
  • Peppermint stimulates the brain and helps with concentration
  • The Hans Zimmer station on Pandora is great for listening to while studying. The music has no distracting lyrics and the scores are intended to motivate.
  • Thanks! Hope I have some peppermint. 




No comments:

Post a Comment