Sunday, December 23, 2018

Miss. Amanda says

2018 saw the release of some awesome books and 2019 does not look like it's going to disappoint.
Here are 16 books coming out next year that I am super excited to read. 

All titles link to Goodreads where you can learn more on the books.


(The Folk of the Air #2)
by Holly Black
Expected Release Date: January 8th
This sequel to The Cruel Prince (which also happens to be January's selection for Yakkity Snackity) is one I have been waiting for since before I finished the first book. I can't wait to discover what comes next in The High Court of Faery.


Expected Release Date: January 8th
This timely novel has truly peeked my interest. It includes submissions from several authors including Jason Reynolds, Nic Stone and it's editor Ibi Zoboi.




by Karen M. McManus

Expected Release Date: January 8th
As a huge fan of One of Us if Lying, I am excited to read this equally interesting sophomore novel by McManus.


by Angie Thomas
Expected Release Date: February 5th
Originally due out this year, this sophomore novel by the author of The Hate U Give is sure to be one not to miss.




by Kasie West

Expected Release Date: February 5th

Basically I will read any and all of Kasie West's contemporary romances but this one in particular definitely seems worth a read.


by Faith Erin Hicks
Expected Release Date: February 12th
Honestly, I'm not sure what in the description of this book hooked me, but it did.


by RenĂ©e Watson,  Ellen Hagan
Expected Release Date: February 12th
I'm pretty sure it is my background in Women's Studies that got me intrigued by this story.


by Laura Silverman
Expected Release Date: March 5th
I first learned of this book when I attended Book Buzz (it's a Nassau Library thing) and I have to say it got me intrigued.


by Laurie Halse Anderson
Expected Release Date: March 12th
The author of Speak (which was re-released as a graphic novel this year) now brings us her poetic memoir of her own experience with sexual assault. As a reader who loved Speak, I can't imagine not reading Shout.


(Shatter Me #5)
by Tahereh Mafi
Expected Release Date: April 2nd
Originally a trilogy that I loved, I was beyond excited to learn that the author planned three more books. I loved #4 and can't wait for #5 (and #6).



by Elizabeth Acevedo
Expected Release Date: May 7th
While I didn't love The Poet X, I did enjoy it more than I thought I would making Acevedo's upcoming novel one I am curious about. Plus, I know we shouldn't judge books by their covers but this one is truly eye catching.


Other Words for Home
by Jasmine Warga
Warga's debut novel My Heart and Other Black Holes had be hooked from the beautiful quote on the first page. It is a book I truly love despite the difficult topic it covers. I can't wait to read her third novel.


Expected Release Date: May 14th
I remember liking Menon's writing in When Dimple Met Rishi, so I am excited to read this novel which also sounds like something I will enjoy.


by Arvin Ahmadi 
Expected Release Date: May 21st
I found the author's first book (Down & Across) was different than other books I've read so I am very curious to read his second novel. Also, when I reached out and asked him a question about his first book, he was super sweet by responding.


by Sarah Dessen
Expected Release Date: June 4th
What can I say other than I have been reading this author since I was a teen and will read her new books as long as she writes them.


by Kasie West
Expected Release Date: July 9th
Somehow Kasie West has two books coming out in 2019, and I am equally excited for this one as I am the first. 


Bonus Honorable Mention:
Expected Release Date: April 30th
This book receives an honorable mention because while not out until April, I am currently reading an Advanced Readers Copy of it. Look out for a copy as a prize.


Look forward to reviews of these titles in the new year.
Any of these books sound intriguing to you? Read and write a review yourself to appear here on the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment